Getting to Know STA
Ms. Casey Lourenco
- Ms. Lourenco is the 2nd grade teacher here at St. Thomas, and more recently the Drama Club instructor for 5-8 grade! :)
- Ms. Lourenco taught 4th grade in Newark before switching over to 2nd grade.
- Fun Fact: Ms. Lourenco was an event coordinator before she decided to study education. She worked with a team who frequently planned events in Las Vegas!
- Ms. Lourenco comes from a big family. Her mom is one of 6 siblings, so she’s got a ton of aunts, uncles, and cousins. When they are all together, it’s over 30 people!
- In her spare time, Ms. Lourenco likes to travel, spend time with her friends & family, and try new restaurants.
Why did I choose STA?
“I’d like to think that I have a unique perspective on public versus Catholic education, as I have worked in both. The community in a Catholic education, and more importantly here at STA, is just unmatched to that of other schools. This is a school that really puts the time and effort into cultivating a child’s overall growth, not just academically, but spiritually and emotionally as well.
As a teacher, this is a place that allows me to bring the classroom to life. STA supports me in my efforts to provide engaging, hands-on lessons to ensure that my students are grasping academic concepts with a high level of understanding. It is a wonderful place to work and I am so genuinely happy to be a part of this community. “